Chief Technology Officer at Awake Labs
2016 – Currently
- Developing the company’s technology strategy plan to support our business model
- Procuring and scaling the technological infrastructure
- Developing the technical team
- Identifying and developing IP opportunities to increase the valuation of the company
- Designing and implementing a deep learning architecture for the mental healthcare market: brain disorders and other mental conditions.
- Creating value for our stakeholders by understanding target markets needs and then fulfilling those needs through the effective use of AI
Postdoctoral Fellow at the Virtual Augmentation and Simulation for Surgery and Therapy laboratory
Robarts Research Institute, Canada
2015 – 2016
I worked in the application of deep learning to solve medical imaging problems. More specifically I implemented a project that enabled the automatic recognition of anatomical features in ultrasound for the purpose of imaging-guided spinal injection procedures. The second project dealt with the prediction of histological features (histopathology) from MRI.
Intern at the Australian e-Health Research Centre
I implemented a technique known as voxel-based morphometry in C++. This technique enables statistical comparison among medical images. My code was tested on the ADNI database showing expected statistical differences in the hippocampal area for Alzheimer’s disease patients when compared to healthy volunteers.
Intern at CREATIS Imaging Lab
I implemented a OSGI framework from scratch in C++ with the goal of organize the medical software MARACAS into software modules (bundles, according to OSGI architecture).
Information Associate at Electronic Data Systems (now Hewlett-Packard Enterprise)
2005 – 2006
I worked as a software engineer implementing changes to the software platform for the system of the Office of the Comptroller General of the Colombian Government. The development platform was BEA WebLogic.
Project Leader at Informática Siglo 21
I led a developer team in several software projects for clients in the banking, government and financial industries. The core development was carried out in Java (J2EE), in conjunction with other technologies such as Oracle Database and data warehouse systems and IBM WebSphere.