- 20+ years of combined academic, research, and industry experience.
- Post-doctoral work in deep learning applied to medical imaging
- Ph.D. in Biomedical Engineering
- Senior software architect with industry experience in education, finance, government, and medical projects
- Great communicator and team manager
- Fluent in Spanish and French
- Interviewed by Western University (Sep 2019)
- Invited speaker at the Toronto Deep Learning Series (Jan 2019)
- Co-organizer of the Toronto Machine Learning Summit Events (2017-2019)
- Co-founder of EZRA.
- My book WebGL Insights has been downloaded more than 10K times! (July 2017)
- Invited lecturer at the high-performance computer symposium (HPCS2017) at Queen’s University in Kingston, ON. Title of my lecture: Application of deep learning to medical imaging problems (June 2017)
- Designed a real-time, mobile AI platform for the analysis of physiological signals (heart rate, body temperature, level of activity, transpiration) for Awake Labs (March 2017)
- Presented my results on deep learning applied to ultrasound feature recognition at IBM Research Almaden using IBM’s Neuromorphic chip (June 2016)
- My Ph.D. work was featured on the cover of the prestigious Computerized Medical Imaging and Graphics journal, in the special edition on machine learning (April 2015)
- Co-authored WebGL insights, a WebGL book launched at SIGGRAPH’2015
- I wrote the book Beginner’s Guide to WebGL (2012)
- Received the “Gonzalo Esguerra” national research award by the Colombian Radiology Society for my master’s project in computer engineering (2007)
Resume (PDF). Last Updated March 2018.